for our webinars with you
As lawyers we are also legally bound to secrecy, we are aware of the high value and the indispensable integrity of your data, be it personal or company-related data and information. In this section we inform you in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) about the processing of your personal data in connection with webinars organized by us.
Responsible for data processing is
Phone: +49 221 650 65-0
Fax: +49 221 650 65-110
Our data protection officer is
Mr. Stephan Geistmann
Phone: +49 221 650 65-0
Fax: +49 221 650 65-110
Your personal data
Personal data is all information that concerns you as a person. Within the scope of our webinars, we process personal data provided by you and transmitted to us, which usually includes
- Valid (professional or private) email address
- First and last name, if applicable,
- Further professional or private contact details, if applicable: Phone number, professional position, status in the company.
We collect this data directly from you or the person registering you for the webinar.
Purpose of processing
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- To conduct webinars via the edudip platform in order to enable you to participate (Art. 6 I 1 lit. a), b) GDPR).
- To send you invitations to webinars by newsletter via the edudip platform, to enable you to participate and to provide us with an overview of the participants (Art. 6 I 1 lit. a), b), f) GDPR).
- With separate consent and active participation in the webinars via the chat function as part of the recording of the webinars in order to make them available to other participants afterwards (Art. 6 I 1 lit. a), f) GDPR).
- During the webinars, we record the participants, their attendance (time of entry and exit) and any (voluntary) active participation in chat and surveys. This is necessary for the organization, processing and last but not least for the issuing of certificates of participation (Art. 6 I 1 lit. b), f) GDPR).
Integration of edudip
We use the edudip platform, an offer from edudip GmbH, Jülicher Straße 306, 52070 Aachen, Germany, to organize and conduct webinars. We have integrated edudip GmbH as a data protection-compliant contract processor. The data protection declaration of edudip GmbH can be found here: www.edudip.com/de/datenschutz.
To register with edudib, your email address and, if applicable, your first and last name are required. All web pages of the platform on which you enter data are secured by 256-bit TLS encryption. The servers are located in a data center certified according to ISO 27001, ISAE 3402 (successor of SAS 70) and KPMG IDW PS 951 Type B.
Deletion of your personal data
We store your personal data for as long as a contractual relationship exists with you or your employer, we have a legitimate interest in further storage and use or we are legally obliged to do so (obligation to store data, particularly for tax reasons, for a regular period of 10 years). As a rule, we will delete your data from our databases after the webinar has been held; insofar as you have actively participated in the webinar and consented to the recording, this will continue to be stored as part of the webinar for as long as the webinar complies with the current legal situation and there is therefore an overriding legitimate interest on our part in its further dissemination (Art. 6 I 1 lit. f) GDPR). After the respective time periods have expired, we will delete your personal data immediately.
As far as we process your personal data, you are entitled to various data protection claims against us. You have the right,
- to request information about the data stored about your person and its origin, the purpose of processing and the recipients or categories of recipients of the data (Art. 15 GDPR, § 34 BDSG)
- under certain conditions, to demand correction, blocking (restriction of processing) or deletion of your personal data from us (Art. 16 - 18 GDPR, § 35 BDSG)
- to request the transfer of your data to another responsible party (Art. 20 GDPR) and
- to complain to us or to a competent data protection authority about data processing (Art. 77 GDPR)
You may also object to the further processing of your data if we process your data on the basis of a legitimate interest (Art. 6 I 1 lit. f) GDPR). Insofar as we do not process your data for advertising purposes, this requires a reason arising from your particular situation. In the event of an objection, we will not process your personal data to which the objection relates any further from the time of receipt during the subsequent review and will delete it after completion of the review - if the objection is justified (§ 36 BDSG, Art. 21 GDPR).
You may revoke any consent to data processing (Art. 6 I 1 lit. a) GDPR) that you have given us at any time; we will then not process your personal data further unless we have legal permission to do so.
A justified objection and a revocation have no influence on data processing operations that have already taken place.
We fulfil all rights to which you are entitled free of charge and without delay. For this and all other questions, please contact us directly or our data protection officer using the contact details given at the beginning.